Friday, October 1, 2010

So, here I am

I am not sure why I decided to start another blog. I have attempted "Real Mom in a Digital World" and "Sephora Whora", but I never got inspired to write on them. I think the reason is because I don't like limitations. I don't want to write about a TOPIC.....I just want to write. My thoughts are sometimes odd, but then again, so is my life. So, I decided to start a blog under just my own name and write whenever I feel like it about whatever thoughts are in my head........that should be ok, right? Well, we shall see.

I ask questions like anyone is reading this. I haven't mentioned to a soul that I am starting this blog so it is unlikely that anyone is going to answer my questions....well, except if you are reading this you have obviously found this blog and, therefore, should answer my questions, right? Did you answer? Well, whatever....h

Today I volunteered in my children's school. Let's just say that I learned something at school. I learned that I am not "secretary material". I arrived and got a run through of what I was supposed to accomplish in my two hours. I was to copy 2-2 sided sheets of paper 132 times, fold and staple said pages into those little "books" the children bring home to practice reading and separate them into 6 groups of 22 books each rubberbanded together. Easy peasy, right? Well, maybe for someone who is not me. In the first 10 minutes I had made only 14 copies and jammed the copier 2 times which forced me to go into the main office and ask for assistance...great. The REAL secretary that came to rescue me kindly told me that the printer "has issues"......I think she was probably just being kind by not pointing out MY issues which were pretty obvious at that moment. You'd think that it would be smooth sailing for the remaining time, and it was........until I jammed the stapler......3 times.......and had to get a lead pencil to "pick" the smooshed up staple out of the hole where it had gotten all stuck. Did I mention that I thought I was super cool because I had discovered a "folding" option on the copier. I figured that this little find could cut my book-making time in half..AT LEAST! I was going to be a STAR VOLUNTEER! Then I pulled off my "pre-folded booklets".....oh, I was so excited......except I put the original sheets in the wrong order and all the books were inside out. Long story short: I finished the books...it just took a bit longer than what I had originally hoped. Moral: Don't apply for administrative assistant positions.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment